In typical Amazon fashion, they recently sent an email to third party sellers talking about the improvements they implemented and records they broke in 2020 just before alerting us that they will be raising the FBA and referral fees one June 1st, 2021. Below is a summary of the email that sellers received last week.
- Most small and medium-sized businesses increased their Amazon sales by more than 55% year-over-year
- In 2020 Amazon increased square footage across our fulfillment and logistics network by 50%
- More than a dozen new Fulfillment Centers and delivery stations opened globally
Fulfillment Fee Changes
- Implement moderate increases in fulfillment fees, about 2-3% on average, to reflect the changing costs of fulfillment, transportation, storage, and customer service. These increases are in line with or below industry average increases for fulfillment services.
- Reducing the returns processing fee for customer-returned products in the Apparel and Shoes categories.
- Eliminating the returns processing fee for customer-returned products in the Watches, Jewelry, Luggage, Handbags, and Sunglasses categories.
- Launching FBA Liquidations, with associated fees for this service, which will allow sellers the opportunity to recover value from their overstock and returned items instead of having the inventory returned or disposed of.
- Eliminate the packaging weight adjustment to our rate card calculation.
- Increase removal and disposal fees to reflect the changing costs of these services.
- Increasing the FBA manual processing fee for shipments received without box content information to reflect the increasing cost of providing this service.
US Referral Fee Changes
- Split Appliances into Full-Size and Compact categories, and lower the fee for Full-Size Appliances to 8% while keeping the fee for the Compact category unchanged.
- Raise the referral fee for the Personal Computers category from 6% to 8% to align with other electronic device categories.
- Implement a supplemental 7% fee for products in the new Veterinary Diets pet food category to account for the cost of maintaining the veterinarian confirmation process. This does not apply to other pet food or supplies.
- Implement a Renewed Program Fee for products sold within the Amazon Renewed program to account for the costs of the additional services offered to sellers.
- All other referral fees will remain the same.